Braunstone Community Carnival + Sports Festival
The annual Braunstone Community Carnival and Sports Festival is once again running this year at Fullhurst Community College on the 25th June, 12.00 - 4.30.
Now in its 14th year, the event is a great day for the family to try a range of activities and watch some fantastic performances from local groups and people; as well as gather information on local service providers and organisations.
The Sports Festival element will be delivered under the Active Leicester: BRF banner this year, with our instructors delivering a number of taster sessions which residents can access on a weekly basis through the project; as well as some other fun, more unique activities!!
As well as sports activities, there will also be plenty of other things to get involved in throughout the day, inclduing:
- Character appearances
- Stage performances, including talent show
- Falconry display
- Oustide stalls (local services, food stall etc.)
So make a note of the date and come and join the fun!!
Other important information:
- Entrance fee to the event is 50p (under 16's are free), this helps us to cover some of the cost to run the event
- To participate in Sports Festival activities you must purchase a wristband for £2, which will allow you to go on all of the 'Sports Festival' marked activities all day, for as long as you like!
- Other Carnival activities outside of the 'Sports Festival' area will cost additional i.e. food stall, fair rides
- No alcohol will be sold during the event and none is permitted to be brought in (bag searches will be conducted)
- There is no parking availble at the college (however some disabled parking is available) - a 'Community Carnival Hopper' bus is available during the day - call 0116 2232256 for more information
- If you would like at stall at the event, it is free for Braunstone groups and only £10 for those outside of Braunstone - Contact Us for more information or to book your space